Update from the Department for Transport

Re the diversion of the road:

“As far as I am aware the council are in the process of writing to all objectors to the Order.

With regards to a public inquiry, no decision has yet been made.   As things stand the Order is on hold until the Council try to resolve the objections.   No Order can be made with outstanding objections or without a valid planning permission.

If there is a stalemate with regards to the objections then the Secretary of State would then issue a decision, following either a public inquiry or via written representation, however, he cannot do this until a planning permission has been granted.    If, however, there is an inquiry into the planning permission then we would also look to join that inquiry.    All parties will be notified of which route is to be taken as and when this happens.”